Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thing #23 - Wrapping Up

Before I wrap up, I want to give a big THANKS to the Ocean County Library Web Things Committee for making this challenge possible and spending what I know must have been many hours of preparation and hours and hours of reviewing our blogs.
KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

In my first blog I mentioned that lacking confidence in myself as an effective learner was going to be most challenging for me. Well, here I am - at the finish line. I did it!!!! I am proud of myself for what I have learned and accomplished. When I first started blogging, I was intimidated by other bloggers and thought that my writing skills where not as good as theirs. After a number of people told me that my blogs were just fine, I started believing in myself and yes, I have more confidence. I "got by with a little help from my friends". Thank you to those friends; you know who you are.

As far as what Web 2.0 Thing that I liked the best, that's a hard one. I enjoyed a number of them....YouTube, LibraryThing, Google Docs, Wikis and Finding and Listening to Podcasts to name a few. I did not particularly like NetLibrary. I shared Del.icio.us and Wikis with friends and family members. My daughter and son-in-law are teachers and I thought that those web applications would be useful to them in their careers. As it turned out, my son-in-law has already used wikis. I explained Google Docs to my husband and our friend because I thought that it may be useful to them in a business venture of theirs.

I think that our branches that hold computer classes should start thinking about teaching Web 2.0 technologies to our customers. I am sure that many of them have heard the terminologies but have no idea what they are - wikis and podcasts for example. After checking out the Birmingham Public Library's wiki, I noticed that they do a "Tech Tuesday". We should consider something along that line.

Welllllll, you asked that we make our last blog a good one. I hope that this entry has met that challenge. I have such mixed feelings at the moment. I am so excited to have completed the challenge but at the same time I am sad that this is my last official blog for the challenge. My congratulations to all of you that have finished. I bid you adieu.

The End
Actually, Just the Beginning of Life Long Learning

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Hey, just wanted to say you have done an excellent job, and thanks for helping me too when I needed it. You should definitely keep blogging if you want to! I love the pictures you showed and that you're always hip or at least know about the new technologies. Congrats on finishing your blog, and raising a toast to continued life long learning. Take it easy, the bracelet maker :)