Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing #11 - LibraryThing

Love it!!
It is easy to use. The hardest part that I found was linking it to my blog. Due to a limited amount of time that I can spend on Thing #11, I will continue the challenge with Thing #12 and come back in the future to explore and peruse to my hearts content.
The first book that I entered in my library was "The Education of Little Tree" by Forrest Carter.
It was a youth services librarian that recommended it back in 1990. I went to the Social Data for that book and read the reviews. They used some of the same words that I use when I recommend the book - "It made me laugh and cry". Whether it is autobiographical or not, (the Ocean County Library still has it cataloged as a biography), I love the book.
When I entered "The Kite Runner" and again went to Social Data, LibraryThing recommended that I read "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan". Sooooo I added that title to my "Books to Read".
I can't wait to share this with my friends outside of our library community!!!

No comments: